10 Fresher District Data Officer NGO Jobs – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Funding Source: Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Office M&E Officer
Vacancy Code: DDO X008
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
With funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, and in partnership with MoH and respective District Local Governments, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the West Nile region of Uganda under the project “Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in West-Nile Region of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), 2020-2025”. The project supports the 12 districts of; Arua, Maracha, Madi-Okollo, Terego, Koboko, Yumbe, Moyo, Obongi, Adjumani, Pakwach, Nebbi and Zombo.
Job Summary: The District Data Officer shall mentor HF Medical Records Officers /Medical Records Assistants in proper capture, management and reporting of HMIS data collected from health facilities and communities. They will also provide support to the field office M&E Officer in entry, cleaning and analysis of data captured in DATIM.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support and mentor health facility Medical Records staffs in the following areas:
- Recording patient visits and other registration data in appropriate HMIS tools
- Filing all laboratory test results and other records in their appropriate files
- Ensuring that the medical records room is orderly and all records accounted for
- Ensuring completeness, consistency and accuracy of data captured in the HMIS
- Electronic capture of patient care records
- Timely compilation of the routine HMIS reports
- Ensuring availability of required HMIS tools i.e. registers, forms, guidelines etc.
- Data use at facility and district level
Provide assistance to the field M&E Officer in the following tasks:
- Perform data abstraction from the HMIS and other sources for project reporting
- Perform routine data entry into the project electronic management information systems
- Ensure completeness, consistency and accuracy of data captured in DATIM
- Participate in analysis and interpretation of data
- Perform routine backups and ensure security of data captured into the project HMIS
- Respond to any required data calls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in a relevant Data Management field
- Additional training in data management including M&E will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of experience in data management and analysis in a busy HIV/AIDS setting or health related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Health Information Management System
- Accuracy skills and ability to work as a team member
- Good understanding of CDC/PEPFAR/MOH reporting requirements and expectations
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to email@example.com
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV (Not more than 4pages) and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 4th October 2020