14 Fresher Research Assistant Job Opportunities – Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Organization: Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Study Principal Investigator (PI)
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH) with support from the World Bank Group is coordinating the Operations Research Program on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) in Uganda for a period of one (1) year.
Job Summary: The Research Assistants will be responsible for field data collection for the Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) operations research project. The RAs should be able to think creatively, have excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data collection: Take part in the pre-test of data collection tools
- Review of the data collection tools after pre-test
- Actively participate in actual field data collection exercise
- They will administer study tools and accurately record and take notes during field interviews and ensure highest level of data quality during the study
- Produce accurate data from the respondents
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any health or social science related field
- Previous experience in Reproductive, Maternal, New Born, Child and Adolescent Health research
- Experience in qualitative research especially conducting focus group discussion and key informant interviews
- At least two years of relevant working experience as a research assistant
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to document and produce concise, informative and appropriate written documentation
- Computer skills in M/S word
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should complete and submit a one page filled form at the link below. All candidates should upload their necessary documents (application letter, CV and academic documents) in the provided sections. Incomplete applications will not be considered
Deadline: Thursday, March 26, 2020 by 5.00 pm.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted