15 Road Construction Job Placements – Mechanics – China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC)
Job Title: Mechanic (15 Job Placements)
Organization: China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC)
Duty Station: Uganda
China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC) is a Chinese company with over 60 years of existence. It is the largest construction company in the world by revenue and the 14th largest general contractor in terms of overseas sales, as of 2016. It is upgrading Kapchorwa-Suam Road from gravel to asphalt, this rural road is in the Eastern Region of Uganda. The road links Kapchorwa, through Kween to Suam, at the international border with Kenya.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Mechanic will perform basic PM inspections and properly complete required paperwork.
- Assist with all day-to-day maintenance goals.
- Study basic electronics used on all company equipment
- Develops skills to operate specific equipment and to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment – cooling system, differentials, bulk air systems, transmissions and be able to identify low and high PSI iron.
- Completes brake inspections including repairs, adjustments and certification
- Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure.
- Follow established procedures and guidelines
- Requires maintained eligibility to drive company vehicles.
- Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
- Maintains compliance with public laws and company policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Five years of experience on a similar project.
- Pass the company’s DMG screen.
- Pass the company’s “Physical Functions Assessment”. (if applicable)
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- On the job experience as a mechanic preferred but not required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of basic hand tools
How to Apply:
All applicants must attach a photocopy of an original national identification card (ID) and a criminal record for police. Preference will be given to candidates with recommendation letters. Please read the requirements of the position carefully before sending the resume. Send all applicants to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25th January 2019.