19 District Agricultural Coordinator (Marketing Poultry) Job Vacancies – Q-Sourcing Servtec
Organization: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Uganda
Western Region: Kamwenge, Kibaale, Mubende, Rubanda, Mitooma, Bundibugyo, Rubirizi
Eastern Region: Sironko, Jinja, Luuka, Bugiri, Busia, Kaliro, Namutamba, Tororo
Central Region: Butambala, Gomba, Lwengo, Kayunga
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one our clients we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced District Agricultural Coordinators (marketing poultry) to work in the following Districts.
Job Summary: The District Agricultural Coordinators (Marketing Poultry) (DC) is primarily responsible for helping the Poultry business find the market for brooded (month-old) SASSO birds and build out a market linkage network within their district. To develop market linkage with smallholder farmers, the DC is accountable for recruitment, selection, appointment, and management of Village Ambassadors (VA). VAs market SASSO to his/her community and collect orders for month-old SASSO from smallholders. The DC ensures consistent growth in orders collected by VAs from smallholder farmers. The position demands a high level of professionalism, people skills, and intensive travel across the district. This position is performed with little supervision and requires initiative, high energy and judgment, and hunger for results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
VA Recruitment and Management
- Introduce the Poultry business to key district stakeholders and generate awareness of organization’s SASSO within your territory
- Identify, train, and manage 40+ Village Ambassadors (one per Parish) in your assigned district
- Recruit VAs by identifying candidates within each parish through referrals and networking, interviewing candidates, and selecting candidates with the highest likelihood of success
- Train VAs on product, technical knowledge, and marketing skills; identify skill/knowledge gap of VAs and provide continuous training
- Contact all VAs by phone once per week, and visit each parish in person once per month to improve relations with VAs and local stakeholders
- Ensure VAs are following appropriate policies and procedures with regards to deposit / payment collection and documentation of smallholder farmer orders
- Remove and replace underperforming VAs
- Serve as the Poultry business Champion and liaison to local government and stakeholders (e.g., vet office); develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within district
- Ensure each parish has an active VA, collecting a minimum of 20+ orders per week from smallholder farmers for month-old SASSO
- Manage VA performance to meet target of 30+ orders per week
- Liaise with Operations team to coordinate month-old chick (MOC) delivery routes within your assigned district
- Represent the company on all sector related meetings and regularly participate in farmer gatherings
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Maintains and updates master list of VAs in his/her district.
- Holds regular meetings with VAs within his/her district.
- Consolidates weekly orders from VAs
- Provides weekly and monthly reports of VA orders and performance.
- Make regular travel in the district to meet and advise VA team.
Key Performance Indicators
- of active VAs (20+ orders per week) appointed in district – target reaching 40 active VAs in district within 5 months
- % active VAs from total VAs on trial / appointed; target 80%
- % of inactive VAs replaced within 1 month
- 90% of VAs achieving the weekly targets (30+ orders per week) in his/her parish of month-old chicks delivered to smallholder farmers
- Coordination skills on delivery management
- Communication skills
- Relationship building skills with key district stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma / degree in related field (e.g., Agribusiness, Agriculture, Animal Production) OR 2+ years of field experience in the poultry business or any related field activities
- Passionate about positively impacting smallholder farmers in rural areas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (local language; English is a plus)
- Organized and able to keep clear / accurate sales records
- Carries a positive, inspirational attitude while working under pressure
- Demonstrates ability to lead, coach, and manage people (particularly farmers / VAs)
- Ability to work independently with limited follow up; entrepreneurial
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Strong work ethic
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-UCCO-DAC-003-DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL COORDINATORS (MARKETING POULTRY)” at the link below
Rename your CV by indicating the district applied for example, Ssembatya Moses-Lwengo District (Name-District)
Deadline: Wednesday 22nd July 2020 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification