2 Ambulance Driver NGO Job Opportunities – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Title: Ambulance Driver (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Ambulance Driver is responsible for driving IRC Ambulance in a safe and professional manner; at all times ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers, and the safety and security of vehicles and loads. Complying with the laws of the road, and also with IRC’s vehicle policies is paramount. The Driver is also responsible for keeping Ambulance in a clean and road-worthy condition at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicle on a daily basis; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of IRC vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to Logistics Assistant any mechanical problems.
- Ensure vehicle is insured and all legal documents are in order at all times; inform Logistics Assistant three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
- Conduct daily/am. Assessments of road conditions and security situation.
- Drive Patients to referral points in a safe and courteous manner across Lamwo district and outside Lamwo.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of vehicle.
- Follow IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures at all times (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee Ambulance Driver job placement must hold an O’ Level (U.C.E.) or equivalent with valid driver’s license and good driving record;
- Six years of driving experience;
- Previous experience working with NGOs (preferred); proficiency in English is a must. Confidentiality:
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send updated CVs, cover letters and filled application form, download here, clearly indicating “Position Title” as the subject to: UA-IRCJobs@rescue.org (The Human Resource and Administration department, International Rescue Committee)
Deadline: 19th April 2018
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE