2 Custodian Job Opportunities – Soroti University
Organisation: Soroti University
Duty Station: Uganda
Salary Scale: (M12)
Soroti University, is a public multi-campus university in Uganda. It is one of the nine public universities and degree-awarding institutions in the country
Job Summary: The Custodian will ensure custody of institutional property and maintenance of facilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper cleanliness and proper order of all lecture rooms and Offices including furniture.
- Works with concerned staff to ensure security of persons and property within the University.
- Keeps an inventory of all furniture fittings, machines and equipment used in the University and ensuring they are properly used and maintained.
- Reports on faulty systems and broken furniture
- Ensures that doors and windows are opened and closed at appropriate times and that lights are switched on and off before and after lectures.
- Reports any problems in the area of jurisdiction to the supervisor.
- Prepares the Semester report on the status of facilities and equipment in the area of jurisdiction.
- Supervises Staff, assesses performance and identifies training needs and recommends appropriate training.
- Proper records management.
- An up -to-date assets inventory.
- Facilities and equipment are properly stored and maintained.
- Materials and equipment items are requisitioned timely.
- Semester Reports on problems in their areas of jurisdiction are timely produced and submitted.
- Damages are timely reported for repairs.
- Performance assessment conducted by 31st July and performance plans agreed with Staff by 31st August every year.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have a Diploma in any of the following fields from a recognized institution; Social Works and Social Administration, Public Administration and Management, Education, Records Management
- Demonstrated computer knowledge in MS Word and MS Excel
- At least three years of work experience in Office Management work.
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates send a letter of application together with an up-to-date Curriculum vitae, a copy of the National identity card or passport biodata page, certified copies of academic and professional qualification should be addressed to the Office of the University Secretary, Soroti University, P.O. Box 211, Soroti, Uganda. All applications should be accompanied by two letters of reference, one of which should be from current or previous employer.
Applications can be delivered either by e-mail or by post/courier or hand delivered.
E-mail applications should be addressed to email@example.com in one (1) PDF file.
- 1) All applicants who have already submitted their applications need not re-apply as their applications will be considered together with the new ones.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Soroti University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and people with disabilities to apply for these positions.
Deadline: 5th June 2020