2 Debt Recovery Officer Job Placements – Eleglance Finance Ltd
Organisation: Eleglance Finance Ltd
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Eleglance Finance Ltd is a micro-finance institution which has played a crucial role in extending Financial services to SMEs that find it challenging to access these services from mainstream banks. Our investment approach goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored toward financing needs of a growing private entity. Providing financial services is pivotal in satisfying the needs of the target market with financial products, financial information and advisory services.
Job Summary: The Debt Recovery Officer will assist the Debt Recovery Manager in championing the Institution’s debt recovery program/activities in liaison with all Branch Credit Team as well as the external debt recovery agents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in developing Institutional plan for recovery of all non-performing and written off loans.
- Ensures Branch Credit team carry out prompt follow up and recoveries of non-performing loans.
- Provides debt recovery support to Branches by carrying out field visits in Branches and engaging with defaulting customers.
- Ensures Branches maintain proper record of loan recovery activities including demand notices, recall letters etc.
- Ensures debt recovery activities are carried out in accordance with credit policies and procedures
- Advises and guides Branches on debt collection plan/activities to be carried out for daily recovery non-performing loans
- Prepares cases for handover to external debt collectors and legal action
- Coordinates and follows up with assigned court bailiffs, auctioneers and other debt recovery agents on all allocated loans.
- Work closely with company lawyers to ensure quick disposal of securities pledged for non-performing loans.
- Prepares reports on debt collection activities carried out in Branches to Debt Recovery Manager.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Debt Recovery Officer jobs should hold University degrees in business-related OR Legal fields.
- Qualifications in Credit Administration/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage
- At least two years’ experience in banking/microfinance operations, with exposure to credit or lending and debt collection functions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Maturity, honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Patience and understanding
- To be persuasive, persistent and firm
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 14th March 2019