2 Fresh Graduate Jobs – National Guidance Officers – Ministry of Information and Communication Technology
Organization: Public Service Commission
Placement Organization: Ministry of Information and Communication Technology
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Public Service Commission is established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. In fulfillment of its functions under Article 166, the Commission is required to make a report to Parliament in respect of each year’s performance of its functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior National Guidance Officer for performing the following duties:-
- Carrying out pre and post research to facilitate National Guidance Programmes;
- Popularizing and propagating the National Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy;
- Assisting in the development of training materials and undertaking community mobilization programmes;
- Assisting in the implementation of National Guidance Programmes;
- Supporting in the development of manuals, guidelines to guide research activities;
- Evaluating the level of comprehension and adherence to the National Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy in the implementation of Government Policies and Programmes;
- Supporting towards National civic education training and public awareness to enhance citizen participation in National development;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences; or Business Administration; or Development Studies; or Economics; or Social Work and Social Administration; or any other qualification from a recognized University/Institution.
- Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Age: Above 21 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online, Click Here
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
Deadline: 2nd December 2020