2 Fresher Data Clerk NGO Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Title: Data Clerk (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Health Information System Officer
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Data Clerk will be responsible for both paper-based and or electronic-based data capture from relevant health management information system data tools e.g. registers, tally sheets and or cards. The incumbent will be expected to work within the heath facility, health posts and community in the IRC supported health facilities’ catchment population and collaborate with the integrated community health program to implement health activities. She/he will spend approximately 80% of his/her time in the field both at the health facility, health posts and in the community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participating in collecting, entering and analyzing data on health;
- In charge of updating and maintaining the Health Management Information System;
- Tasked with validating and analyzing data on health;
- Actively participating in implementing measures for maintaining data security;
- Participating in compiling and submitting reports on health information Management;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the IRC Data Clerk job placement should hold a certificate in Statistics from a recognized University or Institution.
- One year of working experience as a Data Clerk.
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Good ICT skills;
- Concern for quality and standards;
- Accountability ;
- Communication; and time management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CVs and cover letters clearly indicating the position applied for as the subject to: UA-IRCJobs@Rescue.org (The Human Resource and Administration department, International Rescue Committee)
Deadline: 18th May 2017