2 Fresher Diploma Jobs – Project Officer –ECW – ZOA Uganda
Organisation: ZOA Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
Job Summary: The Project Officer –ECW is responsible for the day to day planning, and implementation of activities under the specific ZOA project(s) assigned to him/her.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the implementation of project activities in line with the project proposal to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
- Supports community based volunteers in day to day implementation;
- Support the Senior Project officers in accounting timely for executed project activities in line with and according to relevant ZOA policies and guidelines;
- Ensures project outputs are consistent with project proposals, log frames and in line with quality standards and country policies;
- Oversees and ensures implementation is in line with standards and policies of both ZOA and government of Uganda;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
- Provide inputs to implementation plans and activity/monthly reports;
- Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
- Prepare and submit inputs for success stories to the MEAL Senior Project officer;
- Collect and submit data to the MEAL Senior Project Officer/Project Manager;
- Contribute to project reports or implementation plans as required by supervisor;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Education, Development studies, Social Sciences, Psychology or any other similar discipline.
- Bachelor degree in the above mentioned field will be added advantage.
- At least 1 – 3 years of successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects;
- Good facilitation, communication skills and writing ability;
- Understanding of the local context, culture, and language(s);
- Experience with implementing projects funded by institutional donors is an added advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic;
- Good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word;
- Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to drive a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment;
- Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
- Experience of working with People with Disabilities is a plus
- Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision and values (see https://www.zoa-international.com/corporate-identity/)
- Good interpersonal, organizational and intercultural sensitivity
- Able to plan and coordinate and work in an organized manner
- Able to bridge differences and bring people together
- High integrity
- Able to work independently
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the required qualification, experience, knowledge, skills, and attitude should send their applications online at this link. Click Here
Applications should only include the following: cover letter and an updated CV (with three professional referees) of which two must be 2 professional references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer, and 1 character reference could be your pastor or priest.
Please indicate only ‘Application Project Officer ECW on the subject line.
Qualified candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th June 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda