2 Fresher Field Officer NGO Job Opportunities – SOS Children’s Villages
Organisation: SOS Children’s Villages
Duty Station: Wakiso and Amuru, Uganda
SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development non- governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children. Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self- reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities. Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies.
Job Summary: The Field Officer will be reporting to SOS Programme Officer Family Strengthening Programme with a dotted reporting line to Child health Development centre. He/she will have a cardinal of responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of the Parenting for Respectability (PfR) sessions with parental groups both the intervention and control catchment areas. The Field Officer will therefore support in the day today direct programme planning and implementation of field programme activities including documentation and monitoring the progress of project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities and resources
- Facilitate and ensure mobilization of fathers and mothers to participate in the weekly parental (PfR) sessions
- Support the local facilitators to deliver the weekly parental (PfR) sessions to ensure all sessions are implemented with fidelity
- Support and build capacity of the trainers and take part in the training of facilitators
- Supervise and provide feedback to the facilitators on a regular basis
- Document all implementation progress through providing periodic reports, success stories, session tracking tools at all given time within a stipulated deadline
- Ensure timely submission of activity funds requests and timely liquidation of utilized funds not to halt implementation progress
- Support researchers have access to the participants
- Work with the project team at SOS to align project work plan, time frames and implementation schedules in a detailed manner.
- Act as point of contact and coordinate information flow with different stakeholders and other like-minded actors to maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders –including community leaders, NGOs and community based organizations to enhance multi-agency cooperation and coordination
- Liaise with CHDC (Child Health and Development Centre) Makerere University College of Health Science from time to time
- Attend program and trainings as need may arise.
- Represent SOS Children’s villages Uganda and participate in relevant sector meetings and other forums
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a diploma or degree in Social Work/ Social science/development studies, community psychology, education and any related field including other relevant professional course from a recognize institution
- Must have at least a minimum of two years’ experience in community development work with a reputable organization.
- Good knowledge of participatory approaches to community mobilization and engagement.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Experience in facilitating meetings to reach a goal or consensus.
- Good skills in partnership and networking.
- Good facilitation skills and TOT.
- Ability to work independently and show professional judgment in carrying out assigned task.
- Ability to function as a productive member of a result-oriented team is important.
- Have basic computer skills for example use of online platforms, MS Word and excel.
How to Apply:
All suitable qualified and interested candidates, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to;
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates, exceeds eight pages, or electronically submitted, as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 19thMay 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE