2 Fresher Project Officer – LEGO Play Matters Project NGO Jobs – Plan International
Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian not for profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Job Summary: Plan International Uganda is looking for Two Project Officers to manage day to day implementation of the Lego- Play Matters project interventions in Adjumani, Arua and Yumbe districts working in collaboration with other members of the project team and other project stakeholders (Local government, Primary Schools, NGO partners, Communities). He/she will ensure that the project activities are implemented in a timely and efficient manner in a bid to contribute to improved Early Childhood Development in the communities targeted by the project. He/she will directly implement project supported interventions to achieve the set objectives and targets.He/she will be a member of the Education and ECD team at national level and member of the Program Team at Program Area level.The Project Officers will be primarily responsible for supporting implementation of Play Matters Project activities in Early Childhood Development Centres, Primary Schools, and Alternative Learning Centres and in Homes following an already developed curriculum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- S/he will closely work with and support project stakeholders including: ECD Care givers/facilitators/ teachers, primary school teachers (Primary one -Six), community centres, community leaders, non-formal centre facilitators, social workers, facilitators of accelerated education programs and of course children in the target age group.
- Support distribution and safety of play kits containing materials to help foster play such as manipulatives, storybooks, and supplies to create teaching and learning tools.
- Support in organising roll-out events and trainings for PlayMatters using Play Library and kits.
- Support training and orientation of Local school officials, school administrators, supervisors, Parent-Teacher Association members, and School Management Committee members.
- Support project interventions that prepare caregivers to interact playfully and positively with their children and to care for their own well-being, accompanied by a Play at Home Library with activities for caregivers and children to do together.
- Manage and maintain project records especially enrolment/ attendance registers and equipment inventories.
- Mobilize and educate parents and community members to participate in project interventions within the ECD centers, Primary Schools and at community level.
- Coordinate with all the key partners in the district to enhance mutual support and establish a strong networking framework.
- Support the documentation and sharing of learning, knowledge and experience generated from Plan Uganda’s project interventions as widely as possible.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports to the project Manager.
- Support consultants or Resource persons hired to provide various services.
- Develop strong and sustainable relationships with local and international NGOs, Government institutions and other stakeholders involved in project interventions.
- Keep abreast of developments within the project portfolio and share best practices within and outside Plan Uganda.
- Provide support to Plan teams and communities to identify and access resources that will enable them to meet the needs of all children targeted by the project.
- Represent Plan in ECD/Education coordination and working group meetings.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Key relationships
- Close collaboration and interdependence with the Programme Area Team and other support departments (Finance, Admin, Risk Management, Human Resource, Sponsorship)
- Regular working relationship with Program Area teams, especially Project Coordinators /Project Officers and other focal points implementing similar projects.
- Communications Department to ensure proper visibility and compliance to branding.
- Local, national and international Civil Society Organizations, Private Sector actors, Government institutions especially district local government stakeholders and UN agencies to ensure Plan’s work is well linked to other initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education/Early Childhood Care and Development, Child Development and Children’s Ministry, and Social Sciences
- At least two years of professional experience implementing and/or managing community led programs for children 0-8 years.
- Experience of managing projects, including project design, monitoring and evaluation (i.e. preparation of documents and reports for external dissemination).
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Strong drive for results and ensuring timely delivery of program outcomes
- Knowledge on inclusive programming approaches.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point.
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts
- Familiarity with West Nile Region.
How to Apply:
All Qualified candidates please apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th September 2020