2 No Experience Child Development Officer – Health Job Vacancies – Compassion International
Organization: Compassion International
Duty Station: Uganda
About Compassion Project:
The Diocese of Lango have a strong partnership with Compassion international- Uganda in child ministry through sponsorship and home-based care. They are working in partnership with Compassion International in fulfilling the great commission as mandated by our Lord Jesus Christ in Mathew 28:16-20. This is done in a holistic approach which includes Child Development Ministry. They operate in the centres of All Saints Boroboro Child Development Centre in Lira, Onottam Child Development Centre in Otuke and Aloi Child Development Centre in Alebtong.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as an advocate for children and their caregivers.
- Initiates generation of the annual health work plan and coordinates its implementation with emphasis on prevention of diseases among the beneficiaries.
- Co-ordinates medical care and distribution of provisions to the identified beneficiaries such as children and caregivers.
- Ensure proper documentation and record keeping of all health-related issues for the beneficiaries with utmost confidentiality.
- Works closely with the local church in developing their childcare ministry.
- Responsible for the physical, cognitive, spiritual and socio-emotional development of the sponsored children.
- Plans and coordinates health related trainings, information, education and communication.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a certificate in any of the following: Nursing, Primary Healthcare, Community Health, Clinical Medicine and any related discipline.
- Must be a communicant with clear testimonies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Word, Excel plus knowledge of Internet.
- Excellent written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new things.
- Age: 25-35 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should hand deliver their applications with a letter from your local Church Priest/Pastor at the Diocesan Headquarters at Boroboro:
The Diocesan Secretary,
Diocese of Lango,
P.O Box 6, Lira. Uganda
Deadline: 24th May 2019 by 5:00pm