2 Oil Company Jobs – Tendering & Subcontracting Officer – Sinopec (Uganda)
Organisation: Sinopec (Uganda)
Department: Planning & Control
Work Location: Initially Kampala; Tilenga Project Site(s)
Priority: Candidates from Project Affected Area are preferred, namely, Hoima, Nwoya, Buliisa,. Masindi and Pakwach
On-boarding Date: Immediately
Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corporation (Sinopec Service) is a fully owned subsidiary of Sinopec Group, which ranks No. 2 in Global Fortune 500 in 2020. Sinopec Service is engaged in the provision of all project phases service for various sectors, including oil & gas, power, buildings, roads and bridges etc. We are looking for Construction and Project support personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist to manage and monitor the company policy implementation by the subcontractors.
- Assist to set up subcontracting management system (define subcontract scope /project information, approval committee, risk management etc.) to align with the project strategy.
- Work with technical specialists and procurement team to enhance subcontractor audit, quality management and contract management, global subcontractor sourcing support.
- Improve subcontractor’s performance and strengthen their competitiveness and improve the quality continuously.
- Assist to subcontracting management team to coordinate all the activities related to the subcontracting.
- Continue to improve the quality of the sub-contractors with the support from the QA/QC team.
- Work closely with internal project team to provide subcontracting solutions to support the project schedule, cost and quality target.
- Manage and ensure equipment and material in a safe condition at the subcontractor sites.
- Assist to monitor and ensure Subcontractor in compliance with Sinopec & TOTAL specification and standards.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in civil engineer, mechanicals, project management or a related field
- At least three years of similar working experience.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proficient in English and Office Software
- Successful candidates with relevant experience and recognized expertise in large onshore/offshore oil and gas EPC projects will be preferred.
- The working environment is multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Clients and Contractors.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English, and Chinese competency will be a plus.
How to Apply:
All candidates should merge their applications into one single pdf document to [email protected] with file name format as “position+major+name”. Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews.
NB: If you have not been contacted directly within two weeks of your application, then you have not been successful. In support of our commitment to the development of the local community, Ugandan national applicants will be given priority.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda