2 Oil Industry Jobs – Petroleum Officer / Storage – Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Petroleum Officer/ Pipelines and Storage
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Petroleum Officer / Storage will report to the Senior Petroleum Officer/ Pipelines and Storage. He/she will be responsible for supervising the development and operation of storage facilities in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the engineering designs during the development of storage facilities.
- Evaluate process engineering and hydraulic equipment and piping systems.
- Review and advise on standards and codes during the development of petroleum storage facilities.
- Participates in monitoring and supervision of project activities for the development of petroleum storage facilities
- Review the agreements and contracts on petroleum storage and advise management.
- Review project scopes and cost estimates and proposals for the projects, equipment sizing, modifications and related parameters.
- Supervise repairs and maintenance of petroleum storage facilities
- Supervise project budgets along with schedules.
- Manage specific projects as required inclusive of direct supervision
- Assist in compiling quarterly and annual reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Petroleum Officer / Storage job placement must hold an honor’s bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology from an internationally recognized University/Institution.
- A master’s degree in Pipeline Engineering from an internationally recognized University/Institution will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the design, construction and operation of the storage tanks
- An internationally recognized professional qualification or membership with an internationally recognized professional body.
- Good knowledge of the policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding petroleum pipeline and storage.
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 28th August 2020 by 11:59 pm