2 Planner and Scheduler Job Placements – Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL)
Organization: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL)
Duty Station: Uganda
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL) is a Public Limited Liability Company incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act (Cap 110), the Laws of Uganda and in conformity with the Electricity Act, 1999. UEGCL started operation on 1st April 2001 and is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda, with the head office located in Kampala. The mandate of UEGCL is to establish, acquire, maintain and operate electricity generation facilities as well as promote Research and Development in the Electricity generation sector while running the company on sound business principals.
Job Summary: The Planner and Scheduler will prepare annual maintenance plans and maintain or update the maintenance plan and ensure execution of planned activities through production of periodic schedules for distribution to maintenance teams. Generally, the Planner is to improve work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labour, parts and material, and equipment access.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimize downtime and interruptions to operations
- Render better service to operations by performing most important jobs first (as determined by operations)
- Apply technical and maintenance experience to analysis of each job
- Provide orderly procedures for processing work to prevent work orders from getting lost:
- . Maintains accurate backlog status b).
- Reports completion promptly
- Provide a single contact for all in-process, scheduled, and emergency work (area supervisor or functional supervisor)
- Permit advanced determination of labor resources needed and time required to complete each job, which aids the maintenance supervisor in measuring the performance of his/her personnel
- Allow elimination of delays due to waiting for information, materials, equipment, other skills, tool, etc.
- Provide the cooperation necessary in connection with each job to do work as prescribed by operations
- Provide a central source of information concerning maintenance work, equipment, and equipment repair
- Provide special tool and equipment requirements
- Reduce clerical work of the supervisor
- Permit advance determination of the number of labor resources needed in a given area or location
- Reduce total cost of maintenance while improving conditions of equipment and operating facilities
- Permit accurate forecasting of labour and material needs
- Permit immediate recognition of labour shortages and excesses
- Enable management to level out peak workloads
- Provide factual data required for evaluation of performance and corrective action as needed
- Provide close and constant liaison between operations and maintenance through the maintenance scheduler
- Provide a full day of productive work for each tradesperson and thus increase productivity through the elimination of delays
- Permit more accurate collection and analysis of cost and assure an economic level of maintenance with less interruption of production
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an upper second Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, production engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar.
- Post graduate diplomas and certificates in other fields of engineering such as mechatronics, automation etc. is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ relevant experience of working in a similar position.
- Related industrial/pupil engineering training in hydropower plants or related industry.
- At least three years of experience working at a power plant, heavy manufacturing Industry, processing plant, a major repair workshop or similar work places are needed for this position.
- Knowledge and experience in CMMS
- Knowledge in planning and scheduling
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should address their applications with copies of certified academic documents, professional qualifications and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating two referees and their full addresses to:
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited,
Block C, Plot 6-9, Victoria Office Park, Okot Close, Bukoto
P.O Box 75831, Kampala.
Applications should be submitted electronically as one attachment only in portable documents format (pdf) indicating the position applied for in the subject line to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only applications on-line will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present original copies of certified academic documents during interviews.
- Applications without authentic academic transcripts will not be considered.
- UEGCL offers equal opportunities for both male and female applicants.
Deadline: 19th August 2019.