2 Project Officer NGO Job Placements – Action for Community Development (ACODEV)
Job Title: Project Officer (2 Job Placements)
Organization: Action for Community Development (ACODEV)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Action for Community Development (ACODEV) is a regional NGO that was founded in 2003 and runs Integrated Community Development Programs in Public Health, Human Rights, OVC support, Livelihood and Grassroots Capacity Development programs including sub-granting for small grassroots organizations in East and now Southern Africa region.
Job Summary: The Project Officers will be responsible for overseeing project activities and providing timely and reliable information for effective decision making. In addition, the person will be responsible for organizing project field-based implementation activities and the successful completion of assigned activities. The Project Officer will spearhead project planning, supervision and periodic review of all activities planned, directly influencing the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Project Officer will be responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of daily project activities in line with addressing needs related to management of Meningitis and Sepsis and to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are met.
- The Project Officer will assist in adapting and promoting relevant awareness and training materials for addressing Meningitis and Sepsis within the project field activities targeting relevant households
- He/she will provide supervision to all trained Community Health Workers, Village Health Volunteers & Health Workers, with an emphasis to ensuring the targeted households access required interventions related to management and addressing health concerns of Meningitis and Sepsis.
- The Project Officer will ensure effective mobilization of the relevant project stakeholders, including primary beneficiaries to participate in all planned project strategic engagements at both district and health facility levels respectively.
- Develop partnerships with other community-based mobilization groups, health care providers, community health facilities, and other organized groups in the community to orient them on the Project goals & objectives and to solicit their involvement/participation in project awareness activities for sustainability purposes.
- Together with the MEAL Manager, ensure spot checks are undertaken regularly and corrective actions undertaken where necessary in ensuring the achievement of project objectives and goals are maintained.
- Support the development and implementation of an accountability mechanism for all project teams including CHWs, Village Health Volunteers, Health Workers in data collection, analysis and reporting to guide in decision making.
- Support in facilitating dissemination of communication findings, and ensure sharing of experiences, lessons learned, best practices, challenges and innovative implementation approaches to stakeholders such as the Local government leaders, Project staff, and other relevant partners as well as amongst the primary beneficiaries.
- The Project Officer will ensure submission of timely and quality field activity reports to the Project Coordinator on a Weekly basis in order to have a monthly report early documented for sharing with other relevant stakeholders.
- The Project Officer will ensure positive visibility of the donor and other partners such as Meningitis Research Foundation (MRF) and ACODEV in the district for purposes of lasting engagement with district and support to all project activities being delivered.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree in Health or Social Sciences
- Three years of experience working in communities with good knowledge of public health system and structures.
- Understanding the social determinants of health and community dynamics.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent understanding of the ACHOLI Language is an added Advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Works under minimum supervision.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to drive change and innovation.
- Ready and willing to learn and develop as an individual.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are requested to send their applications addressed to the Executive Director, ACODEV Plot 98/99 Masoli 600m off Gayaza Rd, Wakiso District. Applications should be sent via email (Not more than 2MB) to; email@example.com. Please send application letter, CV & Biodata Form Only, Download Here, – Academic documents are not required at this stage). The application should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, and also state names and addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work.
Deadline: 4th January 2019