2 Project Officer NGO Job Placements – Amref Health Africa
Organization: Amref Health Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
Amref Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional hubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will provide technical expertise and support in project activity, strategy development and implementation at the county level
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical input and oversight in the technical design, development and implementation of the WASH component of the Covid-19 Transform program.
- Provide technical advice to the Program coordinator on all WASH and Environmental Health priorities and issues in the COVID-19 Transform program.
- Represent the COVID-19 Transform program at the county and national level amongst MOH officials and WASH stakeholders involved in the COVID 19 response to strengthen networks and partnerships at both county and National levels.
- Co-ordinate and participate in planning and implementation of WASH project activities.
- Participate in preparation of work plans and progress weekly, monthly as per programme and donor requirements.
- Provide quality control for WASH interventions.
- Participate in development of knowledge products to promote learning on WASH in a pandemic emergency response.
- Provide technical input in development and implementation of WASH capacity building interventions at national and county levels.
- Participate in support supervision activities individually and in collaboration with national and county MOH stakeholders.
- Identify new program opportunities through rapid assessments and proposal development inputs and writing as needed.
- Provide technical support in the development and writing of new concepts and proposals for fundraising.
- Work closely with the M&E officer in provision of weekly updates highlighting potential bottlenecks and lessons learnt.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of WASH programmes and interventions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Amref Health Africa Project Officer career placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, community health, social works and administration or their equivalent with advanced knowledge of water, sanitation and hygiene engineering.
- Training in the use of a variety of water equipment including emergency mobile water treatment and storage unit, hygiene and sanitation kits, water treatment chemicals, design of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand dug wells, pipe lines with basic knowledge of treatment of sewerage as well as concrete storages.
- Three years of relevant work experience in implementation of WASH projects and experience in project implementation, management, design and planning.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner, Amref Health Africa in Uganda through firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 17th June 2020