2 Senior Software Developer Job Placements – DEI Technologies International Ltd
Job Title: Senior Software Developer (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: DEI Technologies International Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
DEI Group of Companies International Ltd is an international company established in 1999 in Uganda. Its core business is mining. It also owns DEI Technologies International Ltd.
Job Summary: The Senior Software Engineer will mainly produce and implement functional software solutions. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Three or more years of recent professional work experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science, or equivalent
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Working knowledge of Codeingniter Framework
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications by hand delivery to our Liaison Office in Kabalagala, Selina Plaza next to MTN Building Room TB 39
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29th March 2018.