2 UN Data Entry Jobs – Registration Assistants – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Notice Number: UNOPS – 004/2019
Position Number: UNOPS/004/19/1
Position Grade: LICA-4
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Registration Assistant is seconded to the Office of Prime Minister in Kampala full time. The staff member will be supervised by OPM IT Officer Kampala and will report directly to him/her. The Registration Assistant is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration. The Registration Assistant responds to queries from UNHCR Resettlement Unit and update the individual’s bio-data as per the Referral Form sent by UNHCR. The Registration Assistant liaises closely with UNHCR Registration Unit for any follow up requests.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Registration Assistant will update on a timely manner proGres v4 Registration Module according to the Bio-Data Update.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Respond to queries UNHCR Resettlement Unit and Registration Unit on a timely manner.
- File all the electronic requests received from UNHCR in the shared drive (soft copy).
- File all the signed request forms in the dedicated binders maintaining clear label on them (hard copy).
- Immediately report any suspected fraud or misconduct in the work place.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with data.
- Share, on a timely manner, the lists of cases which require issuance of new Attestation Forms with OPM Offices in the respective field locations.
- Share with UNHCR quarterly report on the activities performed during the reporting period. Report must be signed by the direction supervisor in OPM.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Registration Standard Operating Procedures for Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Uganda (OPM – UNHCR).
- Standard Operating Procedures for proGres v4 Bio-Data Updates for Resettlement Purposes (OPM- UNHCR).
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Registration Assistant job placement should have completed secondary education preferably with post-secondary training or certificate in statistics, mathematics, information technology or related fields
- At least five years of relevant job experience (3 years with post-secondary certificate/training)
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
- High level of Integrity.
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres v4 and data entry
- Planning and Organizing
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 9th July 2019