20 No Experience Credit Officer – Community Banking (Central) Job Careers – Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and eight contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Credit Officer – Community Banking (Central) will recruit and train clients through registration and loan disbursement which leads to growth in loan portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Achieve and maintain the set monthly targets.
- Recruit, train clients and disburse loans.
- Mobilize savings deposits.
- Sell other Pride products.
- Make CRB credit applications.
- Follow upon loan repayment and Loan Insurance Fund (LIF) collection in all CECs.
- Follow upon loan recovery process.
- Generate business growth.
Comply with branch and BoU set targets.
- Follow up payment for and enrolment of clients on to the credit reference bureau before accessing loans.
- Post loans accurately.
- Prepare weekly monitoring reports on prospective and existing clients.
Compile reports on the ongoing loan disbursement.
- Update client loan files.
- Prepare draft report for submission to the Credit Supervisor.
- Recommend to the supervisor any changes to improve service to clients.
Filing loan documentation.
- File all relevant information as per Pride’s policies and procedures.
- Verify completeness of loan application file.
- Submit files to credit supervisor for verification.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Credit Officer – Community Banking (Central) job placement should preferably hold a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics, and Development studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, International Business, Financial Services, Business Computing, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Social Sciences, SWASA, Education, Procurement & Chain Supply Management, Procurement & Logistics Management, Human Resource Management, Industrial & Organization Psychology, Project Planning and Management, Entrepreneurship and Project Planning, Public Administration and Management, Sales and Marketing Management, B. Agriculture & Rural Innovations, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Extension, Engineering, or in any other relevant / related field.
- Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by following the procedure;
- Click Here
- Create an Account
- Fill in your personal information and upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including all your scanned academic credentials, 3 letters of recommendation from each of the referees and a passport photo.
- Submit online i.e. no hardcopy deliveries will be accepted
Deadline: 21st June 2019