28 No Experience Last Mile Delivery Clerk Job Opportunities – National Medical Stores (NMS)
Organization: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Arua, Gulu, Hoima, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara, Moroto, Soroti or Fortportal, Uganda
Reports to: Transport & Logistics Officer
Reference Number: NMS/2020/32-41
Location: Reference: Number of Jobs
Kampala: NMS/ 2020/36: 2 Jobs
Mbarara: NMS/ 2020/38: 2 Jobs
Arua: NMS/ 2020/32: 3 Jobs
Mbale: NMS/ 2020/37: 3 Jobs
Gulu: NMS/ 2020/33: 3 Jobs
Hoima: NMS/ 2020/34: 3 Jobs
Jinja: NMS/ 2020/35: 3 Jobs
Moroto: NMS/ 2020/39: 3 Jobs
Soroti: NMS/ 2020/40: 3 Jobs
Fort Portal: NMS/ 2020/41: 3 Jobs
National Medical Stores (NMS) is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to Procure, Store and Distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities.
Job Summary: The Last Mile Delivery Clerks will execute Last Mile Delivery in any of the 10 regions across the country
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To receive Essential Medicines and Health Supplies (EMHS) from NMS trucks at the district
- To secure the EMHS in the NMS district containers
- To deliver the EMHS to the Health facilities using the trucks provided by the 3PL.
- To verify the items delivered to the Health facility.
- To return POD to NMS after completion of delivery
- To report and discrepancies in the delivery of the EMHS
- The LMD Delivery Clerks should be able to drive and should be able to verify goods
- at health facilities and those received from the NMS truck drivers at the district.
- To debrief client orders into the NMS ERP.
- Inspect and provide reports on the status, functionality, use (volumetric) of cold chain equipment in health facilities.
- Capture information on temperature records from health facilities.
- Check and confirm on adequacy of cold chain equipment maintenance and repairs
- conducted by NMS regional cold chain technicians, DCCTs and EPI focal persons.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the National Medical Stores (NMS) Last Mile Delivery Clerk job opportunity must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education
- Vehicle Mechanics training is an added advantage
- A valid driving license is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit an online application. Please scan your academic qualifications: Degree/Diploma qualifications, Curriculum Vitae, Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education, Uganda Certificate of Education and other relevant academic documents and National Identity Card (both faces) and submit them online at the link below:
The application letter should be addressed as below and should be scanned and sent online to:
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer,
National Medical Stores,
P.O Box 16, Entebbe,
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Candidates should attach all relevant academic documents as One File
- Applicants for the position of Last Mile Delivery Clerk Must apply for only one Region/Area and should specify the Regional Office/Area applied for. Applying for more than one job of Last Mile Delivery Clerk will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Applicants for Last Mile Delivery Clerk must specify their proficiency in any of the local languages spoken in the region of choice. (A schedule indicating the geographical coverage of each Regional Office is available on the website)
- Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: Tuesday 19th May 2020 by 5: 00pm.