29 Field Officer Job Opportunities – Tugende
Duty Station: Lira, Gulu, Mubende, Mityana, Wakiso, Hoima, Mbarara, Masaka, Mbale, Iganga, Jinja, Mukono, Wobulenzi, Bukoto and Rubaga, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Leader
Tugende is a technology-enabled asset finance company with a social mission. We provide an affordable path to ownership of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs. Our primary product is a lease to own motorcycle financing package which includes training, life and health insurance, and active support. Tugende currently serves tens of thousands of clients in Uganda and we are preparing to extend our offering into Kenya.
With a market for motorcycle taxis of over 800,000 drivers in East Africa alone, Tugende is expanding rapidly in our core product. We are also building a platform with our staff, branches, data, systems, and deep knowledge of the informal sector, to expand into other asset financings as successfully as we have with our current core product.
About this Role: We are looking for competent and motivated Field Officers that can work with little direction to serve as the main point of contact between Tugende and its clients.
Tugende’s mission is focused on people: “Helping people help themselves”. As a Field Officer, you will be responsible for client’s lease approval process, from the initial class to final lease payment, loss recovery. The Field Officer’s day-to-day responsibilities include conducting Tugende field operations e.g. vetting, loss recovery, managing collections, and responding to client needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The job holder will perform the following duties:
Client vetting and Management
- Recruit new applicants: Identify capable clients for Tugende hire-purchase arrangements.
- Register applicants: Meet with applicants to obtain information on them and answer their questions about the application process.
- Vet applicants: Conduct field visits (at applicant’s stage and home) while paired with another Field Officer.
- Analyze the strength of completed applications: Analyze applicants’ financial status, creditworthiness and outstanding leases to determine applicant qualification.
- Approve/Reject applicants: Evaluate applicant’s creditworthiness in line with the existing guidelines
- Review lease agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to the Tugende Policies.
- Help deliver Motorcycles to new clients. Ensure that clients understand the key terms and conditions of Tugende, as well as the warranty and maintenance requirements, before handing over the Motorcycles.
Manage client needs and portfolio performance
- Collections: Manage a portfolio of up to 180 clients. Regularly follow up on client repayments (on phone and in person), understand any repayment and work challenges, give recommendations or escalate problem cases where necessary. Ensure client data is accurately captured in the lease management system in a timely manner
- Customer service: Listen and attend to customer comments and inquiries, give recommendations or escalate problem cases where necessary.
- Office work: Be able to help with office work including signing contracts with clients, transferring titles for Motorcycles and processing passenger service vehicle licenses (PSVs).
- Office maintenance: Help keep office clean, manage motorcycle traffic outside office, and coordinate clients during applicant classes.
- Coordinate with local authorities: Engage them as required to facilitate field operations.
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognised institution of learning.
- Ready to learn riding a motorcycle
- One year of work experience working with a credit-related business.
- Field work and community development experience.
- Motorcycle riding ability is an added advantage
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and professionally presentable
- Exhibit a passion for customers, and provide excellent customer service and empathy for our customers
- Team players with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and flexible working in different regions of Uganda
- Adopt and champion the values that Tugende stands for: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions-Oriented and Always growing
- Ability and willingness to learn to ride a motorcycle to conduct fieldwork
- Computer literate with ability to comfortably use MS Office.
- High level of professionalism and integrity, with good moral character
- Fluent in the key local languages for the region applied
- Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant potential to grow as the company and Operations function grow. The person doing this job can be promoted to Head of Security, with a possibility of crossing to other operations functions.
- Hours and compensation: This position is for a full-time employee who can take on additional responsibilities as new tasks and projects come up.
- Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families. We are changing the face of the boda industry in Uganda, and proving that young men with little education can take on the responsibility of financing a significant asset and earning a livable wage. Help be part of this movement!
- Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 270+ Employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2019