3 Branch Manager NGO Job Placements – Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Director Branch and Membership Management
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will be responsible to lead the implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2 and the URCS core activities of Dissemination of Red Cross Principles and Values, First Aid, Disaster Preparedness and Response, Blood Donor Recruitment, Membership Recruitment, Local Resource Mobilization and Volunteer Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2: Strengthen Branch Membership Management;
- Disseminate and implement all the URCS approved policies;
- Adhere and lead the implementation of the URCS approved systems and structures at the Branch level;
- Plan for, Coordinate and lead the implementation of membership recruitment campaigns;
- Lead the Branch resource mobilization, and design plans for sustainability of the Branch;
- Identify, engage, develop and maintain Branch and institutional partnerships relevant to the growth of URCS;
- Implement a robust volunteer management framework at the Branch in order to attract and retain value-adding volunteers to the Society;
- Provide technical and operational guidance to the Branch governance in harmony with URCS constitution and other policies;
- Identify and address capacity building requirements for staff, governance and volunteers at the Branch;
- Monitor and evaluate the branch performance and compliance with the URCS constitution as well as other policies;
- Strategically identify, evaluate and seek opportunities to collaborate with the URCS Departments, programs, services and activities that engage URCS youth in promoting membership recruitment, dissemination, international youth programs and quality program implementation;
- Ensure proper usage and safe custody of Branch assets and compliance with the NS approved policies;
- Prepare and submit timely & quality accountabilities and reports in accordance with URCS standards and policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management, Law or a related field from a reputable institute;
- Post-Graduate qualification in Project Planning & Management, Public; Administration, HR Management or a related field will be an added advantage;
- Training in Youth and Volunteer Management programs.
- Three years of experience in managing organizational Branch structures preferably with membership based organizations;
- Previous work experience with large international or national humanitarian agency level preferably with governance structures;
- Experience in Youth and Volunteer Management;
- Experience in Marketing and Resource Mobilization.
- Experience in managing volunteers and membership based organizations will be of added advantage.
- High level of integrity
- Good knowledge of Grassroots Program Design, Management and Implementation.
- Knowledge of planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of policy implementation.
- Demonstrated creativity and productivity in resource mobilization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including well developed proposal and report writing skills.
How to Apply:
Please send your filled application form, Download Here and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing
shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 21st March 2022
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda