3 Cold Chain Technician – Regions Job Placements – National Medical Stores (NMS)
Organization: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Maintenance Engineering Officer
Reference Number: NMS/2020/29
National Medical Stores (NMS) is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to Procure, Store and Distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities.
Job Summary: The Cold Chain Technician – Regions will manage Cold chain equipment maintenance across the country
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and oversee regional cold chain maintenance activities to plan, and implement cold chain equipment maintenance.
- Conduct regular preventive and corrective maintenance of cold rooms, generators & refrigerators, refrigerated trucks, and remote temperature monitoring devices.
- Ensuring functionality of cold chain equipment in the districts.
- Inspect Cold Chain Equipment and ensure that the preventive maintenance for this equipment is done
- Coordinate Cold Chain Maintenance of DCCTs
- Control maintenance activities through periodic checks, standard engineering practices, root-cause analysis and corrective action for cold chain equipment.
- Support forecasting, availability and proper stock management of the cold chain materials and spare parts.
- Provide cold chain maintenance training for senior and mid-level cold chain technicians
- Build capacity of district cold chain technicians through on the job-training and regular supportive supervision in the districts.
- 10.Support establishment of proper documentation on recording & reporting systems on cold chain maintenance and temperature monitoring and control activities in the districts
- 11.Submit, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the implementation and monitoring of the above activities to senior maintenance and engineering officer.
- Execute any additional tasks as advised by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the National Medical Stores (NMS) Cold Chain Technician-Regions job opportunity must hold a Diploma in Refrigeration, Cold Chain Management or Heat and Air Conditioning.
- A minimum of three years of hands-on experience in overseeing cold-chain systems.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit an online application. Please scan your academic qualifications: Degree/Diploma qualifications, Curriculum Vitae, Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education, Uganda Certificate of Education and other relevant academic documents and National Identity Card (both faces) and submit them online at the link below:
The application letter should be addressed as below and should be scanned and sent online to:
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer,
National Medical Stores,
P.O Box 16, Entebbe,
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Candidates should attach all relevant academic documents as One File
- Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.