3 Debt Recovery Officer Job Opportunities – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Job Title: Debt Recovery Officers (3 Job Opportunities)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Any Branch, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Debt Recovery Officer is mainly responsible for championing branch debt recovery activities in liaison with all the external debt recovery agents and H/O debt recovery unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for prompt follow up and recoveries of assigned non-performing loans.
- Ensure all demand letters for delinquent loans in his/her portfolio are issued and served promptly in accordance with credit policies and procedures.
- The Debt Recovery Officers will also ensure all recovery activities and follow up are properly documented and filed in customers’ credit files.
- Work closely with Head office Debt recovery unit and Legal department to ensure quick disposal of securities pledged for non-performing loans.
- Liaise with Head office Debt recovery unit and Legal department to ensure alternative recovery measures are employed for unsecured loans and loans secured by inferior securities.
- Responsible for prompt follow up with assigned court bailiffs, auctioneers and other debt recovery agents and advise management on all allocated loans.
- Maintain a proper diary in Excel Spreadsheet format, for all the scheduled debt recovery activities e.g. demand notice expiry, advertisement notice expiry, auction date, e.t.c to be shared with branch management on weekly basis.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the UGAFODE Debt Recovery Officers jobs must hold Bachelor’s degrees in business-related fields.
- Qualifications in Credit Management/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage
- At least two to three years of experience in banking operations, with exposure to credit or lending and debt collection functions
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Maturity, honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Patience and understanding
- To be persuasive, persistent and firm
- Willing and flexible to be stationed in any of our upcountry branches
- Age: Between 25 to 35 years.
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their motivation letters together with an up to date CV to our email only: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line ‘’Application for Debt Recovery Officer Position”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
Deadline: 18th May 2018