3 Driver USAID Project Jobs – John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Job Title: Driver (3 Job Vacancies)
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Transport Coordinator
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
Job Summary: The Driver is a full-time position and will be based in any of the districts in Lango Sub region (Lira/Apac/Kole/Oyam/Dokolo/ Amolatar/Otuke/Alebtong/Kwania), Uganda. The position will be responsible for ensuring the security of Projects staff and visitors, maintaining a vehicle in a sound condition and providing driving services for the implementation of RHITES-N, Lango project. S/he will report to the Transport Coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation, using RHITES-N, Lango project vehicles, of goods, staff and other authorized passengers in accordance with RHITES-N, Lango project policies and procedures.
- Daily operate and maintain the vehicle assigned to him in a manner that ensures the greatest safety possible for the vehicle and its passengers and that maximizes vehicle working life.
- Submit all receipts/vouchers regarding the expenses incurred during any trip; submit a report on vehicle performance after each field trip
- Keep accurate and up to date records using the vehicle and fuel log sheets.
- Inspect and be vigilant at all times for the detection of any faults and/or damage to the assigned vehicle, whether accidental or otherwise, and submit a written report on it as soon as possible to the Transport Coordinator.
- Ensure that all necessary measures are taken to avoid theft of the vehicle(s). These measures should include among others: proper use of crook locks, locking the doors and windows and avoiding using vehicles in times and places of high risk and also to ensure that vehicles are parked in secure places.
- Submit to the Transport Coordinator the monthly vehicle utilization report summarizing vehicle/fuel use and vehicle repair/maintenance. This report is accompanied by the fuel and vehicle log sheets for the period of the report.
- Prepare and submit the Weekly Control Sheet to the Transport Coordinator for review and scheduling of repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Additional responsibilities of a similar nature may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the job holder
- The job holder should be flexible and will be required to interface and work with cross functional teams within the organization
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID RHITES-N Driver job placement should hold a Valid driving license preferably classes B, CM & DL
- Training in defensive driving desirable;
- At least five years of driving experience with an International NGO;
- Basic knowledge in mechanics and vehicle repair and maintenance;
- Willing to work long and irregular hours and on public holidays;
- Experience with driving to remote locations on project field trips and driving off the road in difficult conditions:
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage various activities in a team setting with minimal supervision:
- Strong time management/task prioritization skills:
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Computer Knowledge is a plus.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated cover letters and updated CVs to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Manager
Deadline: 20th September 2019