3 Entry Level Enrolled Comprehensive Nurse Referral US NGO Job Placements – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports To: Health Manager
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Lamwo, Moroto, West Nile and in South western Uganda. Given the conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC extended its services to Palabek refugee settlement to support refugees being settled in Lamwo district.
IRC is currently looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated persons to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission.
Job Summary: Under the supervision and guidance of a Health Manager, the Enrolled Nurse Referral will be responsible for direct delivery of high quality and efficient nursing services to clients at the attached health facility and in the community ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines. S/he will be expected to work within the health facility and also offer services in the community in the catchment area. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Linkage of referred patients from the refugee settlement for appropriate services.
- Follow-up of referred patients while they are admitted in the hospital.
- Updating us on a weekly basis the status of the patients referred.
- Documentation and generation of reports and referral data base, this information will be reported back to the IRC M&E officer, UNHCR and also to the health center administration for purposes of documenting service delivery as well as accountability.
- Taking responsibility for coordinating the welfare of the refugees referred to referral hospitals.
- Coordination of transport for discharged patients coming back to Palabek refugee settlement, Lamwo.
- In the case of death of a patient, the referral nurse will coordinate with IRC management for the transportation of the body back to Palabek refugee settlement for burial.
- Liaising with the hospital administration to effectively coordinate services for referred clients.
- Carrying out any other roles that may be delegated to you by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must have a certificate of enrollment of nursing from a recognized institution
- Must be registered and licensed with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
- At least 2 years of work experience, with field experience in providing services to refugees.
- Planning and organizing
- Concern for quality and standards
- Ethics and integrity
- Self-control and stress management
- Time management
How to Apply:
Please send filled IRC application form, cover letter, and Curriculum Vitae in One Pdf attachment clearly indicating the position that you have applied for to:
UA‐IRCJobs@rescue.org or hands deliver to Human Resource department in IRC Lamwo Office, Located on Mission road, Palabek Kal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that if you do not follow the above instructions your application will be automatically disqualified.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified Females are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 27th January 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE