3 Fresher Accounts Assistant Job Placements – Uganda Golf Club
Organization: Uganda Golf Club
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Golf Club is an 18-hole course set right in the heart of Kampala City. The Club has held out to remain the last expansive stretch of greenery in the city, a welcoming haven in the bustling Capital.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will support the Accounting department by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact checking, filing, and other dues, as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal cheque requests: maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices. Verifies all invoices for accuracy and follows up with vendor or staff on resolution of all discrepancies to ensure timely payment of invoices due. Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Produces computer reports including accounts receivable, accounts payable, & payroll.
- Prepares and makes bank deposits
- Manages the petty cash fund
- Audits and pays all club bills and invoices after approval for payment
- Maintains employees’ me and attendance, absentee and leave records, payroll records and employee files
- Administers the billing and collection of membership dues
- Prepares inventory worksheet and crosschecks prices paid with bid quotations and invoice prices
- Assists controller on all matters related to computer applications, annual and special audits, insurance and employment records
- Answers members’ questions regarding billing
- Maintains accurate records of vendor invoices
- Assists in preparation of other accounting reports and helps controller as necessary
- Ensures legalities of reports, policies and procedures of all payroll functions
- Performs other accounting dues as requested by supervisor or management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an associate’s degree in related field
- Three years of experience in the field
- Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Statistics or Professional qualification is an added advantage
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- Exceptional me management
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional manner and strong ethical code.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 6th December 2019
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE