3 Fresher Data Jobs – District Health Information Officers – Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute – Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Job Summary: The District Health Information Officer will mentor district medical clerks in proper capture and management of HMIS data collected from health facilities and communities. They will also provide support in entry, cleaning and analysis of data captured for project purposes. The incumbent will support and mentor the health facility medical records clerks
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recording patient visits and other registration data in appropriate HMIS tools.
- Preparing patient files for the clinic day.
- Filing all patient files at the end of the clinic.
- Filing all laboratory test results and other records in their appropriate files.
- Ensuring that the medical records room is orderly, and all files accounted for.
- Ensuring completeness, consistency and accuracy of data captured in the HMIS.
- Electronic capture of patient care records.
- Timely compilation of the routine HMIS reports.
- Ensuring availability of required HMIS tools i.e. registers, forms, guidelines etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) District Health Information Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Population Studies, Computer Science & Information Technology (IT) or another related field.
- Possession of postgraduate qualification in M&E is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Information Systems (HMIS, DHIS, HIBRID& Open MRS); Mentoring skills; Team Leader; Understanding of Local Government Structures, Knowledge of PEPFAR MER Ver,2.3 indicators.
- Two years professional M&E work experience in a busy health setting with a major role of preparing activity reports and accountabilities.
- To work with RHSP, one must possess degree of integrity with reasonable work ethics.
- Willingness to work in rural areas and execute work with minimal or no supervision and remain accountable.
- Demonstrable knowledge in: M&E, Data Management, Research& Quality Assurance.
- Advanced computer skills in STATA, MS Excel and MS Access is an added advantage.
- Ability to ride a Motorcycle is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com. Please kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered.
Deadline: 21st June 2019