3 HTS/eMTCT Officer NGO Job Opportunities – Baylor-Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Baylor-Uganda is a private not for profit child health and development organization providing family-centered pediatric HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, health professional training, and clinical research in Uganda. Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The HTS/eMTCT Officer will coordinate and monitor the implementation of HIV testing and diagnosis and provide consolidated guidelines on HIV testing services and PMTCT in scale up districts. The position holder will also twin with the district ADHO/MCH officer to support the Health Systems Strengthening for HTS/PMTCT services in the region. The candidate will oversee the implementation of HTS/PMTCT/EID and DSDM for HTS to improve HTS yield and accelerate reaching the 1st 95 to achieve virtual elimination of Mother to child transmission.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a degree in Nursing (reproductive health) or related field of medicine from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body.
- Trainer of Trainers in eMTCT and EID
- Must have solid practical skills in implementation of HTS, eMTCT, EID, HIV Care and ART and Other prevention programs for key and priority populations.
- Three years of related work experience in technical assistance support to districts and Health system strengthening (HSS).
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications online at the link below
Deadline: 18th September, 2020