3 Manager Microfinance Institution Job Placements – Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA)
Organization: Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA) is a Government Agency established under The Tier 4 Microfinance Institutions and Money Lenders Act 2016 and whose core business is licensing, regulation and supervision of SACCOs, Non-deposit Taking Microfinance Institutions, Self-help Groups and Community- based Microfinance Institutions in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Manager Microfinance Institution will be responsible for reviewing responses to official customer inquiries and correspondence with government agencies to ensure that they are complete and proper.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and guide Compliance Officers to ensure Microfinance Institutions in the Country are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze all in-force agreements and licences to make sure that each client is operating in their line of business.
- Collaborate with management team to make sure that the entire Institution is aware of compliance requirements of Microfinance Institutions and issues, and controls to make sure they are current, adequate, functional and utilized in accordance with established regulations and standards
- Develop and implement the audit plan for the Authority.
- Develops and maintain professional relations with clients and staff.
- Conduct audits working directly with all internal management levels as well as external clients.
- Review existing company assets and ensure to maintain and safeguard them.
- Analyse the integrity and reliability of financial Information
- Review and record activities and plans defined by management to resolve issues identified by audit findings.
- Examine records to ensure correct transactions recording and compliance with applicable agreements, laws and policies.
- Direct planning, organizing and monitoring of internal audit operations.
- Recommend methods to enhance and improve control procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Hons Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or its equivalent.
- Professional Accounting/Auditing qualification like- ACCA, CPA (U).
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or relevant field.
- At least six years of relevant work experience in a reputable and busy organization, three of which should be at Senior level.
- Proven ability to use your own initiative
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- The ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Resilience under pressure
- Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
How to Apply:
All candidates should hand deliver their applications to Rwenzori Towers, Block B Ground Floor. Applications together with CVs, copies of academic Certificates and names and contacts of three (3) referees should be addressed and submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority
Plot 6 Nakasero Road
Tel: +256 417 799 700
Fax: + 256 414 230 163
P.O. Box 11545,
Deadline: 1st July 2019