3 Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist USAID Project Jobs – Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Organization: Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Duty Station: Jinja, Mbarara and Gulu, Uganda
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda is implementing a five-year Local Service Delivery (HIV/AIDS) Activity supported by USAID to be implemented in three USAID regions of Uganda (Gulu, Mbarara, Jinja). The project will support private not-for-profit (PNFP) sites to address gaps through optimization of high yielding HIV Testing and Counseling Services approaches, improved retention and viral suppression, provision of HIV/TB care and treatment, scale up services to reach men and key populations, strengthen the PNFP institutional capacity and quality for sustainable service delivery and contribute to Uganda’s efforts in reaching and maintaining epidemic control.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist shall Develop M&E plans for the project, tools for monitoring and evaluation, monitoring and reporting of the achievement of project objectives, and conducting intermediary evaluation activities. Spearhead capacity building of staff for supported facilities in M&E. The job holder shall also ensure that there is continuous delivery and utilization of information from supported health units in line with the current National policies and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the project in establishing an M&E framework and systems to ensure effective implementation of the project plans as well as key project based initiatives.
- Work with PNFP facilities/sites to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data which is needed for an effective M&E system to be utilized in monitoring of strengths, weaknesses and gaps in program implementation
- Produce periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual) M&E reports based on agreed performance indicators that shall guide decision making and program implementation.
- Facilitate by serving as a technical resource person for capacity building for diocesan and supported health unit staff to enable them to monitor and evaluate activities, gather relevant data and produce required progress reports.
- Participate in support supervision of member health units with the aim of providing technical support to HFs/sites in M&E including management.
- Act as a liaison between the UPMB secretariat and the supported facilities on matters of M&E.
- Ensure that HFs/sites are regularly provided with national HMIS tools and relevant staff are oriented and updated on HMIS policies, guidelines and tools
- Ensure submission of data into the national online systems
- Documentation of best practices and lessons learnt
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Public health, Demography, Biostatistics, or a related field is required.
- A Post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of work experience managing data intensive projects in designing, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in Ministry of Health and National M&E and quality improvement frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and managing M&E systems. Experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators.
- Excellent command of MS Excel, and working knowledge of at least two statistical data management packages/software’s (quantitative & qualitative) e.g., SPSS, EPIINFO, STATA etc.
- Excellent spoken English skills are required, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
- Expertise in other local Ugandan languages is desired.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized, able to support and respond to the needs of the project teams as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making data/information needs of the project
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude, with ability to work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Strong Report writing, communication skills, research skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who wish to apply hand-deliver an application letter with a detailed CV naming at least two referees, to:
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau
Plot 877 Balintuma Road Mengo
P.O. Box 4127