3 Nutrition Nurse Job Placements – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports To: Nutrition Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Lamwo, Moroto, West Nile and in South western Uganda. Given the conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC extended its services to Palabek refugee settlement to support refugees being settled in Lamwo district.
Job Summary: Under the supervision and guidance of the Nutrition Officer, the Nutrition Nurse will be responsible for direct delivery of high quality and efficient nursing services to clients at the attached health facility and in the community ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines. S/he will be expected to work within the health facility and also offer services in the community in the catchment area. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide nursing care to all patients with severe acute malnutrition within the stabilization unit at the health facility.
- Actively participate in the provision of therapeutic feeds to the admitted patients in the stabilization unit
- Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients where necessary
- Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education
- Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arises
- Train community health workers and village health teams in providing of basic health services, health promotion and client follow-up and referrals.
- Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans/ duty rosters for the nutrition department
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably expected from your supervisors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must have a certificate of enrollment of nursing from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
- At least 2 years of work experience in a nutrition department/unit handling cases of acute malnutrition.
- Planning and organizing
- Concern for quality and standards
- Ethics and integrity
- Self-control and stress management
- Time management
How to Apply:
Please send filled IRC application form, cover letter, and Curriculum Vitae in ONE PDF attachment clearly indicating the position that you have applied for to: UA‐IRCJobs@rescue.org or hands deliver to Human Resource department in IRC Lamwo Office, Located on Mission road, Palabek Kal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that if you do not follow the above instructions your application will be automatically disqualified.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified Females are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 27th January 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE