3 Officer Revenue Reconciliation Job Vacancies – Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Revenue Reconciliation will reconcile revenue collections as reported by URA stations and transfers by commercial bank branches to the commercial bank head office to ensure accurate and completeness of reports
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Verify revenue returns received from Banks and URA stations for accuracy of accounting data
- Receive bank statements, transfer schedules and returns, acknowledge receipt and check them for authenticity, identifying and noting any discrepancies in them.
- Maintain and update a filing system of the bank Statement
- Compare cash books against ledgers and electronic bank statements against physical bank statements for accuracy
- Notify the bank/stations of any missing bank statements and the Revenue Accounting unit of any missing cash books
- Review with respective station heads and banks the status report on the authenticity and accuracy of the returns and verify the accuracy of the status report before its submission to the supervisor
Carry out a reconciliation of revenue collections by URA collecting stations and transfers between bank branches and Head Office to certify reliability of financial records
- Analyse information in cash books and bank statements and prepare a list of reconciling items to facilitate the reconciliation.
- Prepare and submit reconciliation statement reports
- Review, confirm and clear the interbank transactions for the organization.
- Share technical information with revenue reconciliation and revenue accounting officers.
Follow up raised queries to improve the accuracy of information in the accounting system
- Review the reconciliation statement generated from the accounting system to identify and categorize errors and raise them to banks and stations for correction
- Relay information on the improvement of the accounting system to the Finance Systems Administrators.
- Maintain, communicate and monitor compliance of an accurate record of bank codes with respective stakeholders.
- Identify and eliminate posted Adjusting journal vouchers from the reconciliation statement.
- Prepare and Submit Adjusting Journal vouchers to Supervisor, Revenue reconciliation.
Sensitize stakeholders to improve the understanding of URA accounting procedures and deliver stationery
- Carry out periodic sensitization of bank officers about the revenue Collection agreements, and URA station heads and cashiers about the accounting procedures
- Carry out and report on periodic station visits to sensitize staff about collection agreements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Revenue Reconciliation job opportunities should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University
- Specialized training in application of Finance/Accounting Applications is desired
- A minimum of three years of work experience in accounting role from a reputable and busy organization
- Previous experience liaising with financial institutions at corporate level
- Experience in the application of Accounting software
- Fair knowledge of Tax laws of Uganda and the region
- Public Finance and Accountability Act 2003
- High Integrity.
- Good Interpersonal Relations.
- Good Analytical skills.
- High proficiency in the use of computer applications especially MS Office required
- Excellent report writing capability
- A team player and negotiator
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 16th July 2019 at 11:59pm