3 Project Officer, DREAMS Project Job Placements – MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Organisation: MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to; Project Coordinator
MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd is a privately registered company in Uganda located in Masaka (Reg. No. 214514). MOD runs a social enterprise business model. “We search, develop, innovate and execute evidence based sustainable business solution models to emerging public health and social problems in our communities.” MOD cultivates a balanced public health and research ecosystem and committed to strengthen partnerships with private and public health institutions, professionals, and researchers to influence positive action. Our model is designed in accordance with the MOD’s Strategic Business plan 2017-2021 that highlights the company’s financial and social objectives, mission, vision, marketplace dynamics, client needs or capabilities and legal environment. MOD underpins its social and health impact on five core values summarized as PECIT;
Job Summary: The Project Officer, DREAMS Project will be responsible for daily coordination of engaged community structures (Subcounty Coordinators, SINOVUYO facilitators, and safe space mentors, local Artisans) to support implementation of MOD-DREAMS scope of work in Luweero district. He/she will be responsible for developing monthly field activity performance work plans in collaboration with MEA&L Officer and Mildmay Uganda district technical staff. The applicant will ensure that project activities result in intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. In addition, the Project Officer will build the capacity of engaged DREAMS community structures in quality project implementation and assurance in accordance to project guidelines and demonstrate impact. He/she will support the Project coordinator in preparing and submitting monthly and quarterly accountability and narrative reports on project progress to authorized heads of departments for submission to Mildmay Uganda as per allocated reporting deadlines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with project coordinators to develop weekly/monthly activity performance work plans, budget and accountabilities.
- Work with sub county coordinators to ensure that both model and community safe spaces for AGYW are actively maintained for integrated HIV testing and prevention services.
- Work with engaged community structures (AGYW peer champions, male peer champions, SINOVUYO facilitators, VHTS, health workers etc.) to ensure integrated implementation of DREAMS activities.
- Provide support supervision visits to community structures to ensure quality implementation of DREAMS activities.
- Compile and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports according to DREAMS implementation guidelines to project coordinators.
- Support coordination of community structures to ensure service layering among DREAMS AGYW and their male partners.
- Support sub county coordinators in data management at safe spaces and ensure verification of all data submitted to MOD offices for entry.
- Work with sub county coordinators and male champions to mobilise male partners of AGYW for HCT, linkage for VMMC and ART.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly project steering committee meetings at Sub County level.
- Actively participate in project Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), District Quality assurance (DQA) with Mildmay Uganda technical teams.
- Work with project coordinators to ensure community-based distribution of project logistics including HIV Testing kits, condoms and Family Planning commodities to AGYW in collaboration with local government health facilities.
- Conduct quarterly performance review meetings with community structures to ensure proper planning, reporting and accountability.
- Work with project coordinators to support formation and functionality of Girl Empowerment Forums (GEF) committees at Sub County and district.
- Work with project coordinators and sub county coordinators to document success stories.
- Participate in continuous professional development activities.
- Submit weekly/monthly activity narrative reports to the project coordinator.
- Participate in continuous staff professional development, knowledge translation and thesis activities for learning and idea generation.
- Ensure that MOD‘s image, vision and core values are adhered to, well communicated and protected throughout the implementation of project activities.
- Carry out any other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Project Officer, DREAMS must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies and Community Work or a Degree in a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health
- Diploma in clinical medicine and community Health or Diploma in Registered Comprehensive Nursing from a recognized institution.
- For applicants who are health workers, active registration with medical and dental practitioner’s council and Uganda Nursing Council is mandatory.
- A valid class A driving permit with at least oneyear experience in motorcycle driving.
- Three years of comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV and AIDS and reproductive health
- Experience in project planning and Management and community development work.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve desired targets/outputs with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively coordinate district implementing partners (IPs) and community structures.
- Knowledge of DREAMS project & service uptake tools is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of OVC tools and reporting is an added advantage.
- Ready to start work immediately and reside in Luweero district
- Recommendation from current/previous employer/supervisor/Mentor (Any).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their job post application letter, valid academic documents (Certificates & Transcripts), National ID, and Not more than a three (3) page detailed resume (CV) with two strong professional referees to the:
Human Resource Manager,
MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Plot 20, Birch Avenue
P.O. Box 910, Masaka, Uganda
Tel Office: (+256)485660637
E-mail to: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 7th January 2019 by 5:00pm