3 Regional Credit Analyst Job Placements – DFCU Bank
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Mbarara, Jinja and Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader – Personal & Business Banking, Credit Analysis
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Regional Credit Analyst will be responsible for developing and analysing medium to large fundable credit proposals through effective credit appraisals and due diligence processes so as to achieve quality portfolio growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and prepare credible credit proposals with the result of getting quick approval from the credit approval team and managing customer expectations.
- Propose appropriate structure and the financing need and pricing for the different credit applications and advise the Relationship Managers and customers accordingly to ensure that it meets set standards and complies with the credit policy.
- Timely submission of required documents to credit and legal departments to have fast turnaround time, compliance with internal controls as per credit approval criteria detailed in the Credit Policy and Operational Guidelines to avoid/minimize loss of revenue and prevention of frauds and forgeries.
- Make physical visits, inspect, and confirm the existence of the business for proposed credit facilities to ensure that customer business is in line with the bank’s acceptable credit risk appetite.
- Review existing credit facilities on an annual basis, make necessary propositions like renewals, restructures, to minimize arrears and avert likely NPA while ensuring customer retention, revenue stability and identifying new business.
- Maintain an annual credit review calendar and prompt Relationship Managers to obtain the necessary information for reviews of credit facilities.
- Review client’s compliance to set covenants and conditions at facility approval.
- Proper pricing of credit applications and reviews, ensure full collection of fees and commissions for growing the revenue line.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the dfcu Bank Regional Credit Analyst job must hold a Degree in Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, or any other related course.
- Credit analysis and underwriting skills.
- Two years of working experience in credit analysis in banking industry or any related field.
- Advanced credit analysis skills – interpretation of financial information.
- Have a thorough understanding of bank products and general knowledge on current trends in the market.
- Quality underwriting skills.
- Forecasting and business modelling.
- Computer competence.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to ensure no loss of efficiency.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Organized and efficient i.e. goal and task oriented to complete multiple priorities and with the dynamic demands of the different teams in Relationship Management, Credit Sanctioning, Disbursement, Legal etc.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with clients directly.
- Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors’ responses, and the bank’s ability to use information to identify new business opportunities and threats.
- Ability to identify new business /products on the market, opportunities, and threats in order to carry out a comprehensive credit analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to quickly build rapport with new people.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications with detailed CV’s including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O and A level) to the email address indicated below; Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 6th August 2020