3 Relationship Manager – Business Banking Job Placements – DFCU Bank
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager – Commercial
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager – Business Banking will manage Business Banking relationships within the commercial segments in line with the set targets and expectations. The role holder will be responsible for offering the best customer experience to the assigned clientele to retain and grow the existing business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior relationship management by ensuring customer retention, loyalty, preference and devotion.
- Source for new SME relationships that have potential to grow & provide superior returns.
- Identify & disseminate information to & from the market/customers and alert management on trends, risks and opportunities to maximize & sustain revenue.
- Offer the highest standards of customer service in order to maximize the returns from the existing relationships and attract new business from targeted customers.
- Monitor & enhance the business portfolio risk profile within agreed parameters at all times together with Risk unit; to minimize non-performing assets and ensure accumulation of deposits with a view of generating an inexpensive and stable base.
- Constantly explore the enhancement of the Bank’s brand name so that the Bank holds out to the target markets as one of the best SME field in terms of the service, innovativeness and customer awareness/responsiveness.
- Appraise opportunities for synergy and keep well documented reports/visits/contracts with all relationships, the Bank’s management and other units.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Relationship Manager – Business Banking job placement must hold a University degree in business related fields.
- Certified Credit Analyst.
- Three years of working experience in banking of which 2- should be in relationship management or sales.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- An in-depth understanding of all bank products.
- Computer knowledge especially spread sheets, word & power point.
- Outgoing, self-motivated, assertive and proactive.
- A self-starter who is oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- A good team player who can work under minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to ensure no loss of efficiency.
- Ability to keep abreast with the changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors’ responses and the Bank’s ability to use information to identify new business opportunities and threats.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 4th January 2019
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020