34236 No Experience A’ Level Jobs – Display Officers – Electoral Commission
Organisation: Electoral Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: The Returning Officer/District Registrar
The Electoral Commission is mandated under the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, 1995 (as amended), to organise, conduct and supervise on a regular basis free, fair and transparent elections and referenda. The Electoral Commission is currently implementing the 2023-2024 General Elections Roadmap. As per the law, the Electoral Commission is enjoined to conduct a countrywide Display of the National Voters Register exercise before any general election.
In view of the above, the Electoral Commission will conduct a Display Exercise of the National Voters Register throughout the country from Wednesday, 19th February 2020 to Tuesday, 10th March 2020 during which persons who are not eligible to vote will be identified and removed from the National Voters Register. In addition to this, voters will have a chance to ascertain that their particulars and voting locations are correct.
Job Summary: The Display Officer will provide support in conducting the Display of the National Voters Register at each polling station.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display the Registers;
Fill in the relevant Forms for Objection of Inclusion or Omission of a voter from the voters roll;
- Guide voters through the display processes;
- Confirm accuracy of voter information by re-checking the information in the Registers;
- Deliver display materials to the Parish Supervisors;
- Ensure that display kits are kept safely at all times;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Parish and/or Sub County Supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate applying for the position of a Display Official should hold a minimum of Advanced Level (A’ Level) Certificate with at least one principle pass with a good handwriting and able to fill forms accurately and completely.
- Previous experience as a Display Official or having worked before in any similar election activities in the field shall be of an added advantage.
- All successful applicants shall be expected to exhibit high degree of discipline and excellent people skills capable of reflecting a good image of the Electoral Commission.
- Successful applicants should be ready to take on the assignment by Friday 7th February 2020.
How to Apply:
All candidates should download this form here, Click Here. Typed or handwritten application letters are also accepted. The completed application form accompanied by a photocopy of the applicant’s National ID should be delivered to the Returning Officer/District Registrar of the Electoral Commission at each respective district office. The applicant must provide a phone number registered in his/her name. Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply
Deadline: 20th January 2020