35 No Experience BOMA Business and Savings Groups Mentor Job Opportunities – Caritas International
Job Title: BOMA Business and Savings Groups Mentor (35 No Experience Jobs)
Organisation: Caritas International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Graduation Supervisor
Caritas International is a confederation of 16 Catholic relief, development and social service organisations operating in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Collectively and individually their claimed mission is to work to build a better world, especially for the poor and oppressed. The first Caritas organisation was established by Lorenz Werthmann on 9 November 1897 in Germany.
In consortium with the Catholic Relief Services -United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (CRS), Caritas Kotido Diocese and The Institute for international Cooperation am Development (C&D) and five other technical partners, Caritas Moroto Diocese is implementing a new five-year (October 2017 — September 2022) Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) Programme entitled “Nuyok” meaning “It is Ours.” Caritas Moroto Diocese will be working through government, community and private-sector systems and structures in implementing the Nuyok project in the Districts of Napak and Nakapiripirit.
Job Summary: The BOMA Business and Savings Groups Mentor will be responsible for coaching and training Business and Savings Group members and collecting data related to the operation and performance of business and savings groups on monthly basis
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Rural Entrepreneur Access Project (REAP) at the village level, helping low-income women start businesses to uplift their living standards,
- Participate in the identification of eligible women for the REAP project, based on BOMA’s selection criteria
- Regularly hold meetings with established business groups, help them make decisions about their business and offer other guidance as needed,
- Conduct business and savings trainings in allocated villages and surrounding villages
- Conduct regular surveys of individuals and collect data on living standards, children school enrollment, participation in savings groups, and other relevant information.
- Represent Caritas Moroto Diocese in LC I villages where he or she is located, including as a representative for the organization in local development communities.
- Report on the businesses and savings groups’ performances to the Graduation Field Officer on monthly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or a Certificate in community development or any other relevant ﬁeld. Individuals with ‘A’ or ‘O’ Level Certificate, or with more than 2 years of community work, especially as group facilitators may be considered.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and coordinate ﬁeld activities.
- Proven competency/experience in data collection and basic analysis
- Possession of self-drive; able to work with minimal supervision
- Good reports writing skills
- Fluency in Ngakarimojong and being a permanent resident of the village, Parish or Sub-county in which BOMA project is being implemented.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should address and send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and work based certificates to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Caritas Moroto Diocese,
P.O. Box 46, Moroto – Uganda
And submit to the Caritas Moroto Diocese Head Office in Moroto or to the field offices in lriir and Nakapiripirit.
NOTE: Applicants should indicate on their application letters their preferred duty station for the programme officer position or sub-counties of operation for supervisor and field agent positions. Please send your application letter, CV, copies of “relevant academic and work based certificates as well as contact details of three (3) FORMER direct supervisors as references.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Canvassing for support will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th September 2018