4 Driver Job Opportunities – Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”)
Job Title: Drivers (4 Job Placements)
Organization: Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”)
Duty Station: District-based, Uganda
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems and expanding access to care and treatment in the developing world. The organization is invited interested individuals to apply for the position of Driver, based outside of Kampala, in south western and central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Drivers will provide support to CHAI Uganda operations through assisting in transportation of staff and taking care of CHAI vehicles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving staff to and from official activities or as maybe directed by the organization
- Ensuring safety of vehicle and staff at all times
- Abide by all traffic rules and regulations at all times
- Ensuring that in the event of an accident, the necessary steps required by rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintaining all vehicle documentation
- Maintaining assigned vehicle by ensuring that it is clean, checking oils, water, battery acid and condition of tyres
- Maintaining log sheets by indicating all trips, daily mileage and fuel consumption
- Perform other support duties as delegated by the supervisor/line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Clinton Health Access Initiative Driver job must hold a Valid driving permit
- Minimum of five – seven (5-7) years relevant work experience
- Experience within INGO is preferred.
- Trained in defensive driving skills
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR administration
- Basic skill and knowledge of vehicle repair and maintenance
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Basic computer skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.