4 Examinations Officer Job Opportunities – Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
Organization: Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: EO/12/19
Reports to: Senior Examinations Officer
Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAU) is the national professional accountancy body in Uganda, established by The Accountants Act. It has the legal mandate to regulate and maintain the Standard of Accountancy in Uganda; to prescribe and regulate the conduct of accountants and practising accountants in Uganda; as well as conduct professional accountancy examinations in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Examinations Officerwill handle examinations related work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles examinations-related administration.
- Assists in coordinating examiners, moderators, markers and invigilators to ensure timely execution of their respective services.
- Processes examinations results and maintains examinations records in the database.
- Participates in the process of designing and reviewing the examinations’ syllabuses.
- Assists in the development of the Institute’s student training materials.
- Builds and manages relationships with the Institute’s stakeholders.
- Assists in training of examiners, moderators, invigilators and staff.
- Handles examinations stores, equipment and materials.
- Carries out any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Examinations Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- A Qualification in Education is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – working with examiners, invigilators, students and service providers.
- High level of personal organisation, and the ability to work without close supervision.
- Calm and confident attitude.
- Smart appearance.
- Ability to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Common sense.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to handle confidential issues.
- Organising and execution of work
- Organisation awareness
- Supporting and co-operating
- Interacting and presenting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should write to the address below describing how they qualify for the position quoting the Job Reference Numbers above. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your application should include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, and functioning telephone numbers/e-mail addresses. Send your application with all the necessary documents quoting the job reference number to the address below.
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda,
42 Bukoto Street, Kololo,
- O. Box 12464, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 23rd December 2019