4 Field Office Coordinator NGO Job Opportunities – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Funding Source: Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Programme Manager
Vacancy Code: FOC X001
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
With funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, and in partnership with MoH and respective District Local Governments, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the West Nile region of Uganda under the project “Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in West-Nile Region of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), 2020-2025”. The project supports the 12 districts of; Arua, Maracha, Madi-Okollo, Terego, Koboko, Yumbe, Moyo, Obongi, Adjumani, Pakwach, Nebbi and Zombo.
Job Summary: The Field Office Coordinator will be the key district liaison officer for the project responsible for the day-to-day operations of the field office. In collaboration with DHTs, health facilities and others stakeholders, s/he will be accountable for ensuring that all project outputs/outcomes in supported districts under each cluster are achieved through efficient management of project inputs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with the Programme Manager, ensure implementation of all project activities.
- Carry out frequent monitoring and supportive supervision visits to health facilities.
- Coordinate with other units including DHT and other stakeholders within the project areas.
- Organize and participate in project review meetings for the district level stakeholders as require.
- Provide leadership and overall supervision for project teams and field activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree.
- Training in HIV/AIDS care and management is essential.
- Post Graduate training in Project Planning and Management will be an added advantage.
- A postgraduate degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Active Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council is a must.
- Required experience and skills
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing HIV/AIDS related projects at decentralized level.
- Experience working with district health systems and managing project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR/USG programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS programming issues.
- Project planning and management skills.
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation of programs.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to email@example.com
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV (Not more than 4pages) and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 4th October 2020