4 Fresher District EMTCT/ EID Services Officer NGO Job Vacancies – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Funding Source: Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Office Coordinator
Vacancy Code: DESO X004
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
With funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, and in partnership with MoH and respective District Local Governments, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the West Nile region of Uganda under the project “Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in West-Nile Region of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), 2020-2025”. The project supports the 12 districts of; Arua, Maracha, Madi-Okollo, Terego, Koboko, Yumbe, Moyo, Obongi, Adjumani, Pakwach, Nebbi and Zombo.
Job Summary: The District EMTCT/ EID Services Officer will be accountable for coordination, implementation, and ensuring maximum outputs regarding EMTCT/ EID services in supported districts. The officer will provide technical assistance to the district teams to ensure timely attainment and sustenance of quality EMTCT / EID service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate implementation of all district EMTCT/ EID activities related to the project
- Provide oversight for the mentorship of project and health facility teams in EMTCT/ EID services in line with MoH policies and procedures.
- Work with the relevant district personnel to ensure provision of an integrated information package for improving care for HIV positive pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Support community demand and community based activities for HIV positive pregnant and lactating mothers in the supported areas to improve identification, uptake and retention.
- Strengthen documentation and records management of pediatric, HIV positive pregnant and lactating mother’s data using appropriate tools and online systems.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must either hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or Completion of Registered training/diploma in Midwifery from a recognized education institution
- Training in elimination of mother to child transmission
- At least three years of work experience in a busy clinical setting preferably in the district health system setting
- Knowledge and understanding of maternal and child health issues especially goal oriented ANC
- Knowledge of good nursing procedures and practices
- Report writing skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point packages.
- Attention to detail, especially regarding data accuracy.
- Team player and management skills.
- Good communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV (Not more than 4pages) and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 4th October 2020