4 Fresher Finance and Accounts Assistant UNHCR Project Job Opportunities – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Finance and Accounts Assistant will contribute to the day to day implementation of the department accounting systems, policies and procedures. He/ she will support the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of the source of documentation. The Finance assistant is responsible for ensuring all payments to service providers and other clients are processed timely; preparing monthly financial reports, maintaining complete and proper records of revenue, accountability, expenditure, assets and liabilities and ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all cash balances received within the week should be banked intact at least once a week.
- Issue receipts for any cash and deposits received and keep proper records of all these in the system for reconciliation purposes
- Provide for and take safe custody of receipt books, vouchers, money and other items of value in line with finance policies and procedures.
- Update and reconcile all cash books on a daily basis and ascertain closing balances for record purposes.
- Monitor and track all cash advances and inform staff of their obligation of advances.
- Check for accuracy, completeness and coding before transactions are entered into the accounting system.
- Enter all paid transactions into the accounting system
- File all payment vouchers that have been entered into the accounting system by their categories.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts at the Field office
- Prepare cash count certificates on weekly basis, month end and as when petty cash is required.
- Monitor cash levels to ensure liquidity position at all times for smooth operations.
- Inventory Management: Supervise periodic stock counts and prepare accurate monthly inventory reports for the Field Storage units
- Submit required reports and related documentation to the respective Regional Accountant periodically/ as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Finance and Accounts Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, BSc Finance and Accounting from a recognized Institution.
- Two years of relevant experience in Finance and accounting
- Proficient use of the QuickBooks Accounting Software is desirable
- Experience working in Refugee operations and rural NGO setting is an added advantage
- ACCA/CPA is an added advantage
- The ideal candidate must have the proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting.
- Must have basic knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Experience in and knowledge of relevant Accounting systems
- Effective communication skills.
- Abilities in office administration and organization.
- Able to pay keen attention to detail and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure to be able to meet strict deadlines
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020