4 Fresher Programme Assistant– Livelihood iSAVE Job Opportunities – National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU)
Organization: National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
The National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an umbrella organization promoting the rights of Persons with disabilities in Uganda with the vision of having “A Just and Fair Society where Persons with Disabilities live a Prosperous and Dignified Life”. We exist to advocate for the rights of Persons with Disabilities in a unified voice for improved livelihoods.
Job Summary: The Programme Assistants– Livelihood iSAVE will support the implementation of Livelihood /economic empowerment activities in line with NUDIPU’s strategy and policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Programme Planning and implementation
- Develop periodic work plans for activity implementation
- Make appropriate arrangements and prepare logistics for meetings, trainings and other activities.
- Collect and share relevant project information and data in accordance with the Programme/project M&E frameworks
- Take lead in the implementation of iSAVE inclusive economic empowerment program activities in the district.
- Supervise and appraise district-based staff.
- Closely monitor the programme and ensure quality control.
- Network with other organizations in the field of economic empowerment in the district
- Provide advice and trainings of the field promoters and focal persons on iSAVE modules according to agreed schedules and on-demand basis
- Provide regular technical oversight of the district union.
- Write develop and submit monthly and quarterly progress financial and MIS reports to the supervisor
- Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring of staff and volunteers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences, Community Development, Business Studies or related field is desired.
- One year of experience in implementing livelihood interventions and community savings schemes.
- Community development, livelihood empowerment, training and research skills, administrative, coordination and motivational skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letters, copies of academic transcripts and resumes to the Chief Executive Officer”, EITHER by post to NUDIPU P.O.BOX 8567 Kampala OR: Physically at; NUDIPU offices on Plot 530, Bukoto Kisaasi Road. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NB: Please mark the name of the district of your preference on your application i.e. Adjumani, Oyam, Buikwe and Jinja Districts respectively
Deadline: 24th September 2020