4 M&E Officer NGO Career Jobs – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Funding Source: Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Office Coordinator
Vacancy Code: MEO X007
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
With funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, and in partnership with MoH and respective District Local Governments, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the West Nile region of Uganda under the project “Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in West-Nile Region of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), 2020-2025”. The project supports the 12 districts of; Arua, Maracha, Madi-Okollo, Terego, Koboko, Yumbe, Moyo, Obongi, Adjumani, Pakwach, Nebbi and Zombo.
Job Summary: The M&E Officer shall lead the project M&E/ Data Management technical support for districts under the supported field office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all the operations of data entry.
- Act as the point of contact for all data needs and ensure that users’ data needs are met.
- Act as the point person for all data & IT related issues.
- Liaise with Data officers, Medical Records Officers and Assistants, Clinic staff and other technical parties to ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and bi-annual reports
- Prepare reports and monthly summaries as required
- Provide line technical supervision support for Data Management staff
- Orient, train and mentor Data Management staff
- Perform routine backups and ensure security of data captured into the project HMIS & other electronic databases.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of data as & when required for project requirements.
- Oversee and support operations of EMR management in supported facilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the M&E Officer must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field with a computing bias
- Advanced degree in computer science or a computer related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ progressive experience in health data management especially in HIV/AIDS
- Knowledge of current information technologies and HIV/AIDS.
- Attention to detail, especially regarding data accuracy.
- Team player and management skills, as well as good communication skills
- Knowledge of current HIV based electronic databases.
- Competence in electronic data base packages e.g. Ms. Access, SQL
- Good analytical skills & use of analysis packages e.g. STATA, Epinfo, Ms,Excel,SPSS
- Good understanding of CDC/PEPFAR/MOH reporting requirements, expectations and tools
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to email@example.com
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV (Not more than 4pages) and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 4th October 2020