4 SMC Counsellor NGO Career Jobs – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Job Title: SMC Counsellor (4 Job Careers)
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Site Team Leader
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an international non-profit organization which is a partnership of infectious diseases and public health specialists. The overall objective of the IDI is to strengthen health systems with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases, through Research and CapacityDevelopment. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University – John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
About CDC / PEPFAR Project:
IDI received funding from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the Kampala region of Uganda under the project: “Accelerating epidemic control in Kampala region of Uganda through scale up of evidence based and high impact interventions towards achievement of UNAIDS 90:90:90 targets.”
Job Summary: The SMC Counsellor will work within the IDI Outreach Programme Counselling function by providing the clients relevant information about SMC. He/ she must treat each client with dignity and respect.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will provide individual and group counselling services to clients seeking VMMC in line with existing MoH policy and guidelines.
- Take part in community mobilization and demand creation activities for VMMC.
- The jobholder will identify clients in need of further counselling and refer them to other social support institutions as appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) SMC Counsellor job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in counselling or a health related field
- Completion of a recognized course in counselling with a specialty in counselling services for persons living with HIV/AIDS
- At least three years work experience in a clinical setting
- Excellent communication, counselling skills
- Knowledge and understanding of recent advances in HIV/AIDS
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons may apply through e-mail or hand-deliver their application letter with a detailed CV, copies of academic credentials with at least two referees to:
The Manager Human Resources,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st May 2017