5 Declarations Officer Jobs – Clearing and Forwarding Company
Job Title: Declaration Officer (5 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: FIG Consult Limited (Clearing and Forwarding Company)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FIG Consult Limited is a leading Human Resource Consultancy. They are recruiting on behalf of a valuable client, a Customs Clearance, Freight Forwarding and other assorted Logistics solutions service provider that is based in Ntinda.
Job Summary: The Declaration Officer will accurately prepare and process error free customs entries on behalf of the company within the laid down legal and statutory requirements for the customs clearance procedure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly procure customers’ manifests from the airline handling centers for airfreight and the shipping lines for sea freight through the Client Services department, Mombasa Operations Team or any other source as applicable.
- Compare and ensure manifested details tally with the shipping documents
- Ensure stock of bonds are managed and tallied effectively and cancellation monitored daily.
- Ensure the Customs entries are prepared with Zero errors
- Prepare and make declarations of customs entries within agreed service levels.
- Promptly communicate discrepancies/ issues to Operations Manager when necessary
- Ensure data has been entered accurately into the Asycuda system
- Ensure taxes payables have been captured correctly
- Follow up and ensure taxes have been prompt paid
- Monitor and ensure entries have been processed at the Document Processing Centre once payment has been made
- Perform quality assurance on work processed
- Identify and escalate recurring or consistent problems with systems functionality
- Regularly provide advice to Clients, Client Services team on Tax estimates as per the KPIs
- Effectively handle all issues arising from disputes over tariff and valuation at any stage of clearance
- Maintain professional working relationship with internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Ensure departmental and individual objectives are achieved
- Plan, schedule and actively participate in departmental meetings
- Establish, prioritize and present departmental action plans for meeting
- Effectively liaise with Stakeholders, Clients, Customs, URA, Shipping lines and staff from same and other departments to ensure accurate entry and procedures
- Effectively handle customer queries and disputes and proactively follow through to resolution
- Promptly investigate and resolve customers’ complaints and escalate if appropriate to the Operations Manager.
- Establish and process the required permits as required
- Provide advice to clients on the required permits and processes
- Any other duty as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transport and Logistics Management, Procurement & Supply Chain, with Certificate in Customs Clearing and Forwarding.
- Possession of a Diploma in Clearing and Freight Forwarding from a recognized Institution.
- Training and certification in the Asycuda System. The applicant should have successfully passed and used the URA ASYCUDA course for at least five years
- At least five years’ experience in Customs declaration and valuation
- Extensive knowledge in ASYCUDA World, HSC Code, SCT and new developments in the Customs Union in the region.
- General knowledge of computer ( MS Word and MS Excel )
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Information management skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be Ugandan
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters (include salary expectation) and updated CVs via email to email@example.com with the subject line quoted as “Declaration Officer”
Deadline: 25th January 2019 by 5.00pm
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020