5 Fresher Focal Person, Forecast Based Financing NGO Jobs – Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Early Warning Early Action Officer– Innovative Approaches in Response Preparedness (IARP)
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Job Summary: The Focal Person, Forecast Based Financing (FbF) will be based at Branch level and will work closely with programme teams under the docket of the Early Warning and Early Action (EWEA) Officer based at Headquarters (HQs) but will administratively work with the respective Branch Manager. The Focal Persons will be responsible for the day to day implementation of the Forecast Based Financing activities at Branch level and more so to popularize the idea within the local government and branches thereby fostering its decentralization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Integration of FbF into the Branch level plans and setting out how FbF activities and approaches can be implemented at the Branch and District Level.
- Support the dissemination and popularization of the early action protocols (EAP) for floods/drought in the Branches and Districts.
- Support the integration of early action protocols for floods/drought at branch level and districts through contingency plans.
- Integrate FbF approaches and activities into Branch programme plans and operations, outlining how FbF will be implemented at each stage of the programme or disaster cycle.
- Raise awareness of the importance of FbF within the Branch, staff and volunteers through presentations and briefing sessions
- In liaison with the EWEA officer, plan, manage and deliver FbF training to staff and volunteers at the Branch level.
- Ensure the local communities and groups are well prepared to undertake early actions and participate in related simulations and drills of early action protocols.
- Work with local communities to develop a menu of locally adapted early actions to be intergraded in the national level actions.
- Take lead in the collection, dissemination and sharing data and information relevant to FbF using tools like KOBO collect, etc.
- Participate in pre-crisis market and rapid market assessment.
- In consultation with Branch Managers attend the District Disaster management committees.
- Support the development of strong and open relationships with key community stakeholders and establish community committees or representatives if needed, ensuring they fairly represent the full cross-section of the community, including men, women, boys, girls and vulnerable groups towards the implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, or a related field from a reputable Institution.
- Relevant work experience in the profession will be an added advantage;
- Training in Emergencies and Relief operations/ Disaster Risk Reduction will be of added advantage;
- Ability to conduct Rapid Needs Assessments and emergency reporting
- Data collection and reporting skills
- Presentation Skills
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Networking, alliance building and stakeholder management
- Team building and management.
- An understanding of the project management cycle including developing implementation plans at field level and ensuring project activities are implemented to a high standard in a timely and professional manner.
- Proven skills in participatory methodologies in assessment, programme design and implementation.
- Excellent leadership and facilitation skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple task and maintain attention to detail context.
- Familiarity with humanitarian code of conduct and other humanitarian principles and need to uphold commitment to humanitarian values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish working relations with target communities and project team.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
How to Apply:
Please send your filled application form, Download Here and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing
shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 21st March 2022
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda